Location. Location. Location.
Pucon Kayak Hostel nailed it when it comes to location. You’ll have the river next to you for play, excitement and tranquility. The luxury of our community of guests without the hassle of an overcrowded often loud hot town. Living by the river you’re a $US1 and 10 minute bus ride from the town center. You are invited to join us for one of our asados, movie night, or an afternoon or morning shuttle to the river or your adventure.
Above Video – This video shot in and around Pucon show cases our variety of adventures. Are you the type that prefers to go explore with the locals the best kept secrets versus being a tourist? If so, then you’ve found the right place. We are a group of fun loving goof-offs who prefer to do flips into lagunas than to work a minute in an office. Ask us about our favorite day hikes, hotsprings, swimming holes, volcanos, rivers, and adventures. You will be glad you did.
Most Popular Trips - With over 20 years of experience leading Chilean adventures we share with you the best of the best trips. Let us do all the planning and you do all the playing.
- Rio Claro to Pucon, Nov 7 to 20 – Creek Boaters Heaven combining the Seven Teacups and Pucon in one trip!
- Pucon Creeks and Rivers, Dec 6 to 19 – Intermediate to advanced kayakers get more water time and personal coaching with the luxuries of your home base.
- Road to Futa, Feb 27 to March 12 – Beginner to expert kayakers can now experience the road trip of a life time. We’ve got the coaches and equipment to coach and lead you on Chile’s most famous river.
- Pucon Adventure Trips - Ask us about day trips and adventures for your family, group, or school. Standup paddle board, raft, ducky, hotsprings, hikes, beginner kayak lessons and more… Email – David@puconkayakhostel.com for your private adventures.
- Camping at Pucon Kayak Hostel - Campers tired of noisy campgrounds with no facilities are raving about the PKH experience. Camp by the river and have access to our communal kitchen, bath house, tree house showers, and yoga and movie dome. This is as good as camping gets and without the noise and dangers of in-town theft.
PKH Owner David Hughes on Purpose of Meaning
Above – PKH owner David Hughes shares thoughts on “Purpose of Meaning.” We invite you to Pucon and maybe even find out a little about your own purpose. How does it sound to philosophize about it all after a day of adventures chat about it over a beer or a mate? We’d like to hear your thoughts.
Owner David Hughes led international whitewater kayak tours for 15 years seeking best destinations. It was Chile that seemed to have it all – remarkable adventures, the world’s best whitewater and mountain ranges, oceans and volcanos, and the right balance of culture with a safe and stable economy. So, when David discovered a riverside fisherman’s lodge for sale located right in the heart of the world’s best whitewater he acted fast. Now, you can base right next to the river and enjoy the community at PKH.
Non-kayakers are choosing PKH for their Pucón stay?
PKH offers logistics support for day trips. We get everything from university study abroad students to couples seeking a romantic escape to solo nomads touring by bike to families looking for a warm place to relax. Popular for non-paddlers is a Standup Paddle (SUP) Board and hotsprings combo. SUP is the most fun you can have on a gorgeous waterway so easy to learn a 5 year old or even a dog can do it. Whether you want to kayak Pucon or have fun on the beaches exploring the waterways and lagunas you’ll enjoy the comforts of PKH.
A Unique Ambiance
While, most hostel owners build more beds to make more profit David had a bigger plan focusing instead on the experience. The ideal was to create a warm space for guests to hangout, store and dry gear, and function. So, with one of Chile’s finest architects they first designed the quincho.
Quinchos are structures designed specifically for the Chilean asado. Asados are social gatherings typical of the culture sharing select cuts of meat almost always near to a warm fire. The quincho is where you share stories, eat your meals and relax next to the fire with a pisco-sour or vino tinto. Like no other location the quincho brings people together.
The investment of the artistic center piece quincho gives guests a warm inviting ambiance. Guests are attracted to the riverside land, experience and choose to return for the experience.