Salto sale de caminata en el Rio Turbio
Take the Spanish Quiz
Are you a nomadic kayaker who wants to learn basic Spanish? We’ve put together a Spanish quiz from a day in the life of Pucon Kayak Hostel’s very own lovable canine, Salto. During summer lows the Rio Turbio just 7 minutes away is a favorite hiking gem with plenty of lagunas too. On this day Salto goes on a hike with hostel favorites local dentist Ana, friend Paulina, and German hitch hiker Carola whom kayaker guests picked up hitch hiking en route to the Rio Baker. Ana, the bonified dentist, ended up cleaning, whitening, filling, and repairing half of the hostel guest’s teeth last season. Who knew kayaking Chile might become an economical adventure dental vacation?
Quiz Directions: Read the photo captions and try to translate. Check to see if your right. Score yourself and see what prize you win.
1. Caption Above Translation: Salto. First watch how I slide down this rock.
2. Caption Translation: Salto. This is a pretty place for a foto of the group. Smile and show your teeth.
3. Caption Above Translation: Salto. Where do we go to cross the Rio Turbio?
4. Caption Above Translation: Salto. Watch the pretty German girl jump.
5. Caption Above Translation: Salto. Jump the Rio Turbio!
6. Caption Translation: Salto. Ha ha ha… Help Paula cross the Rio Turbio.
7. Caption Translation: “Where is my little dog, Salto. Walk like me.” Said the pretty dentist.
8. Caption Translation: “Salto. Do you know Ana is the best dentist in all of Pucon?”
9. Caption Translation: “Salto. Tell your kayak friends that I am a super dentist that wants to make their smiles better.”
10. Caption Translation: Salto. Watch my hand.
1 to 5 Correct: Bummer. Your Spanish is pretty bad. Maybe take a Spanish class from hostel Spanish instructor Paz. Or if your in University check out adventure semester abroad classes with PatagoniaStudyAbroad.com.
6 to 8 Correct: That’s pretty good. But let’s face it. This was an easy test. Sounds like you’ll do OK catching the bus, asking for directions, and get by with your basics.
9 Correct: Heyy! You got almost all of the questions right! You win a discount trip to Ana’s Pucon dentist office. She’ll have your teeth looking pearly and white in no time.
10 Corrtect: CONGRATULATIONS! Your perfect score won the grand prize… you get to marry Ana! She’s super fun and is learning to kayak too. And you’ll never have to pay for your kids to have braces. Which begs the question what if you are a female and won? Salto will be happy to go on a hike with you.
Everyone is warmly invited to meet Salto or get your teeth checked at economical rates.
Considering a trip to kayak in Chile this year?
Here’s some interesting times to know.
- November Rain is for Class V Chile Whitewater Kayaking.
- December and January are our busiest months. Book early.
- February, March and April are great for beginner and intermediate kayakers.