Guest Valued Risk Reducing Trip Planning Tips, Policies, Payment Plans & Insurances
The fact you are researching an all-inclusive adventure vacation where the rivers and activities have been scouted and approved indicates you reduce risks. We’ve laid out a few steps that will further guarantee smooth travel.
- Payment schedule & Processing
- Travel tips & insurance
- Cancellation policy
Your trip includes airport or bus station transfer at scheduled dates and times. Airfares are not included in trip costs. Meal inclusions are published for each trip. Some trips publish guests will cover travel or dinner meals and alcohol at select culturally or location vibrant cafes.
- Vary from shared occupancy, private suites, and additional request.
- Trip extensions. A high number of guests add days or even additional discount week long trips to see and explore more making the most of their airfare and travel time.
- Non-scheduled transfers by request. Guests may reserve non-scheduled dates transfers by request.
Payment Schedule & Processing
Notifications, registrations & processing. Pucon Kayak Retreat utilizes the Retreat.Guru reservation platform for professional notifications, registrations, and payment processing. Guests have options to pay in full online, mail a check, or utilize the payment schedule. Automated payment reminders and requests will arrive to your email according to schedule and invoices are sent to your email.
- $600 deposit due. At time of registration.
- Balance due. 30 days prior to trip.
- Registrations 30 days or less from trip. Based on availability full payment due at time of registration.
- A 3% credit card processing fee will be charged to all online balances. You may avoid credit card fee by mailing a check.
14 Days or Less No Refund
DAYS TO DEPARTURE
FUTURE TRIP CREDIT **
90 +PLUS Days
Refund 50% Deposit
89 – 30 Days
50% Payment Made
29 – 15 Days
25% Payment Made
14 Days or Less
** Reservations not made within one calendar year of the original date of departure shall reduce trip credits by 10% per additional half year.
Chile tourist visas are free, good for 90 days, and stamped at customs in Santiago (no visa requirements before travel). We highly recommend to use our non-commissioned super helpful travel agent. Mary Jo often finds cheaper airfares with an added bonus of travel agent assistance in case of small problems. Airfares purchased direct from airline have more power in the case of cancelling your ticket than online agencies. If you are unsure of your
If something happens to you on the road and you don’t have travel insurance, you are vulnerable to incurring unplanned costs or worse. Some examples of potential difficulties you can prepare for traveling abroad:
-Stolen backpack or valuable possessions
-Canceled or missed flights
-An injury that is a medical emergency
-An illness that requires medication and/or hospitalization
-Unexpected need to travel home before return date
We recommend all guests have traveler’s insurance. Often, guests home owners or renters insurance covers vacations. While most guests are thinking of health insurance we see more traveler’s utilize damage, broken, or lost equipment insurance. Here is a link to a recommendable trip insurance agency, http://www.travelinsure.com/products/intermedical-insurance/?pcode=32931. This policy offers accident, baggage and trip cancellation protection and offers a full refund if you cancel at any time for medical or health reasons.
River and adventure based activities are dependent upon levels and weather conditions. Variable conditions cause for flexibility include matching guest skills and needs to proper activity, rainy or sunny day conditions, water levels and climate conditions, unforeseen nature activity such as forest fires or flooding. While, most trips publish a sample tentative schedule we keep flexibility and always have keep alternative options available. Guests should understand that amenities, transport type, and itinerary may chance without prior notice due to any combination of circumstances. Possible causes for changes include but are not limited to flight cancellations and delays, illness, political situations, weather, border challenges, mechanical breakdown, and unforeseen events.
Cancellation & deposit policies disclaimer
Pucon Kayak Retreat has never cancelled a trip. In the case there was ever such a need due to unforeseen circumstances PKR would offer a satisfactory trip of equivalent or increased value or refund PKR trip costs. Refund does not include travel costs (which travel insurance can cover). We cannot make exceptions for personal emergencies. For this reason, we strongly urge you to investigate valuable trip insurance. Under most circumstances, if you are of an adventurous spirit and in reasonably good health, you should have no problem participating in a Pucon Kayak Retreat trip. Persons with significant medical conditions should have their physician’s approval before taking an adventure trip. Please be advised that our Coast Guard approved life jackets are rated to accommodate persons no heavier than 260 pounds and with a chest size no larger than 56 inches. We may decide, at any time, to exclude any person or group for any reason we feel is related to the safety of our trips.
Terms & conditions
Pucón Kayak Retreat reserves the right to cancel any trip should we determine the safety or feasibility of our clients or staff be compromised in any way, for any reason. In the event of cancellation, Pucón Kayak Retreat is not responsible for loss incurred by the client for non-refundable travel costs. We recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
- Successful reservations will be confirmed via email. Once confirmed, the cancellation policy is effective immediately. Failing to submit a deposit or any subsequent payments due will forfeit your reservation.
- Some trips may require a minimum number of guests to operate. If the minimum on such trips is not met in advance, any affected guest(s) with an existing reservation will be given a full refund or the option to substitute a similar trip.
What is non-refundable
- Refunds will not be given for reasons that include, but are not limited to, personal emergencies, medical conditions, unexpected weather, unexpected water levels, and any other natural or man-made disaster.
- Deposits are non-refundable. Deposits are transferrable as future credits.
- Trips are arranged, scheduled and confirmed in advance. Any guest who fails to appear on the day of arrival will not be refunded for lost time.
- No refund will be given for any portions of the trip unused by the guest after the trip arrival date, regardless of circumstances.
- Custom trips for individuals, groups or organizations are fully NON-REFUNDABLE once booked and confirmed.